||etree.org Community Bittorrent Tracker
|Artist||Medeski, Martin & Wood|
|Show||MMW - April Grooves 2004 - vols.I-V [The Shack Project] *SELECT IMPROVS*|
|Report this as|
|Torrent||mmw2004_April-Grooves_v1-5.flac16.torrent (click to download)|
|db link||http://db.etree.org/shn/29492 | Show | Source|
|Description||MEDESKI MARTIN & WOOD - April Grooves 2004 - vols.I-V|
So I loved these April 2004 Improv gigs so much and wanted to listen to these
Improvs/grooves in different contexts so I boiled down the 7 nights that
circulate into the more song oriented/groove moments; not because everything
surrounding these moments should be ignored (because these shows need to be
heard in their entirety as well). I made this compilation so I'd have a means
of listening to these grooves from different perspectives. I mean no disrespect
to the spirit of the initial improvisations, but thought I'd share these discs
with you folks thinking you might dig 'em.
Notes about the tracks:
- I joined all the tracks from a particular set into one large track before I
started editing so the timings reflect the entire timing for a particular set
- Each track has the month/day of the show and the set/groove where the Improv
comes from, followed by the time where the Improv occurs in the overall length
of its specific set
4/21 - obvious
s1/g07 means the 7th groove I found/determined was in the set
'40:41-46:27' means that Improv took place 40 minutes into that set
- Next I took the liberty of 'naming' these grooves as a way for me to keep
them organized. I named them either for something they made me think of as
descriptive at the time (ie. 'Bass Muffle'). Or, if the Improv reminded me of
another MMW tune or another song at all, I named it in a way that might
remind the listener of the actual tune's title (ie. something about the
'Is That You Sly?' Improv on v.II reminded me of 'Where's Sly?').
- Please excuse some of the edits; I'm obiviously not a professional.
- Each track fades in and fades out.
- Volume level is inconsistent due to the variety of sources used;
some software will allow you to burn at a consistent volume level
- Most of these are arranged for 80min discs
- As always, enjoy the grooves!
--compiled by dug (email@example.com) April 2005 (Finally! A year in the making)
1. 4/21s1g4 - [40:31-46:27]: Abrupt Melody [05:53]
2. 4/22s2g1 - [00:00-07:32]: Likesoul [07:24]
3. 4/20s1g1 - [06:55-11:46]: Bass Muffle [04:54]
4. 4/24s1g3 - [11:42-14:04]: Alone on the Avenue [06:15]
5. 4/23s1g1 - [06:32-14:16]: Medeski Pulse [07:50]
6. 4/20s2g6 - [28:32-33:03]: Sliding Down [04:01]
7. 4/16s1g3 - [16:28-23:48]: Acoustic Bass Line Melody [07:15]
8. 4/19s2g2 - [18:18-24:51]: Carnivāle [06:37]
9. 4/23s1g5 - [57:40-62:54]: Sly's Sneakin' [05:15]
10. 4/19s1g2 - [19:48-25:39]: Bowing Bubbles [05:55]
11. 4/21s2g2 - [12:40-17:09]: Movin' To Slow [04:31]
12. 4/16s2g4 - [28:26-33:54]: This Way to San José [05:11]
13. 4/20s2g1 - [01:38-09:19]: Yet Another Opportunity to Boogie [07:00]
Total Time: 78:10
1. 4/16s2g7 - [47:27-51:40]: Warbly Keys [04:14]
2. 4/19s2g5 - [28:30-48:38]: Lull/I can see Chris' face [10:04]
3. 4/22s2g4 - [34:18-37:09]: Drvin' [02:49]
4. 4/20s1g3 - [21:49-27:55]: Slumber to Wake [06:04]
5. 4/23s2g1 - [06:42-13:10]: Afro Hues [05:14]
6. 4/21s2g5 - [57:50-63:13]: Wood Pulse II [05:13]
7. 4/20s2g3 - [14:07-18:21]: Is that a Broken Groove? [04:06]
8. 4/23s2g4 - [36:44-45:45]: A Bunch in 1 [09:02]
9. 4/16s2g3 - [22:22-24:29]: Goonzoo [02:05]
10. 4/19s1g4 - [47:50-51:39]: Tension [03:25]
11. 4/21s1g3 - [21:59-28:41]: Is that you Sly? [06:41]
12. 4/20s2g7 - [45:03-52:57]: Swingin' Shine [06:48]
13. 4/23s2g7 - [54:34-58:52]: Dark-Out [04:10]
14. 4/16s2g8 - [59:32-67:51]: A Shacklyn Mid-Afternoon [08:16]
Total Time: 78:20
1. 4/19s2g1 - [03:52-08:59]: That Is Not Zamphir [05:07]
2. 4/21s1g1 - [04:59-08:00]: Reggae-Ish [03:05]
3. 4/16s2g2 - [05:36-12:30]: Step-up Chris [06:55]
4. 4/20s2g4 - [18:37-23:55]: Quiet Build [04:37]
5. 4/23s1g4 - [41:00-47:42]: Harsh Flute Bender [06:40]
6. 4/22s2g3 - [20:16-27:17]: Gospel Dread [06:59]
7. 4/24s1g1 -
[00:45-07:38]: It's Legal [06:43]
8. 4/16s1g2 - [06:50-11:11]: A Note Blew [04:22]
9. 4/19s1g3 - [25:47-29:35]: Falling Back [03:47]
10. 4/16s2g1 - [00:51-05:11]: Hyper [04:01]
11. 4/21s2g3 - [23:39-30:49]: Water Keys [09:51]
12. 4/23s2g2 - [13:10-20:21]: Them Deadlies [07:13]
13. 4/19s2g3 - [25:06-30:13]: Hey Jim [05:09]
Total Time: 74:38
1. 4/22s2g6 - [46:03-55:17]: Preacher John [09:15]
2. 4/23s1g3 - [34:36-41:00]: Funky Felic [06:13]
3. 4/24s1g2 - [08:45-11:30]: Frantic Boogie [02:50]
4. 4/21s2g6 - [65:13-71:46]: Heavy Sugar [04:55]
5. 4/16s1g5 - [36:15-42:17]: Cool & Creeping [06:00]
6. 4/16s1g4 - [25:50-28:40]: Quicky-blues [02:56]
7. 4/16s1g1 - [02:40-06:38]: Tribal Note [04:00]
8. 4/20s2g9 - [69:07-73:51]: It's right behind you! [04:45]
9. 4/19s1g1 - [06:59-15:04]: Dysfunctional Reggae [07:58]
10. 4/20s1g4 - [33:28-39:49]: Stand-Up [06:22]
11. 4/23s2g3 - [28:00-32:59]: Diggin' Bones [04:35]
12. 4/21s2g4 - [36:40-41:52]: Wood Pulse [05:11]
13. 4/19s2g4 - [35:15-38:28]: Shucks [03:21]
14. 4/16s1g6 - [44:00-58:19]: A Chance to Dance w/Moti (Again) [09:49]
Total Time: 78:19
1. 4/23s2g5 - [45:46-49:36]: Smelly Belly [03:49]
2. 4/20s2g8 - [58:18-64:23]: Funk March [05:28]
3. 4/21s2g1 - [02:38-11:30]: Hopping on One Foot [09:01]
4. 4/16s2g6 - [44:09-47:25]: After the Worms [03:23]
5. 4/22s2g5 - [40:42-45:59]: Swirl of Oil [05:18]
6. 4/19s1g5 - [54:39-61:09]: Gospel-ly and Pumpin' [06:30]
7. 4/23s2g6 - [50:45-54:33]: Cool Bass Sound [03:48]
8. 4/16s2g5 - [38:38-42:19]: Dramatic Groove [03:35]
9. 4/20s2g2 - [11:15-13:18]: Bass Digger [02:01]
10. 4/22s2g2 - [10:15-18:09]: Break 'n' Dig [07:53]
11. 4/21s1g2 - [10:44-20:00]: Creepy Magic [06:45]
12. 4/20s2g5 - [24:19-28:11]: Thinking [03:52]
13. 4/23s1g2 - [21:30-26:30]: Sorta Sasa [04:32]
14. 4/20s1g2 - [11:46-17:50]: Steel Saucers [06:05]
Total Time: 72:09
|Type||Medeski, Martin & Wood|
|Last seeder||Last activity 16:38 ago|
|Size||2.075 GB (2228430178 Bytes)|
[See full list]
[See full list]
|3 seeders, 0 leechers = 3 peers total|
Add a comment
|-- THE SHACK PROJECT --
This is an effort to seed all existing MMW shows, and yes, preserving the original SHN/FLAC filesets. The seeding will proceed chronologically for the most part, with exceptions as we feel the vibe to seed other gigs from other times.
Thanks to MMW for allowing their music to be recorded....really, thank you.
Huge thanks goes out to the tapers, without whom this wouldn't be possible...and those that have helped get the tunes to our ears.
And thanks to the other 5 guys I've dragged into this and who seem committed to the cause: Louie, Mike Tom, Todd & Jeff....we're all listening to these shows and hopefully circulating the best versions.
All shows listed here in SHN/FLAC will be seeded:
These shows will be seeded as well, either by me or by one of a few other kind souls:
Shows listed here circulate in some manner. We are looking for as close to the original source as we can get so if you can help out with any of the following, we'd all appreciate it:
http://db.etree.org/duggy/mmwneeds (this list is in the process of being compiled...maybe forever?)
I've started a thread over here for us to be able to discuss this project:
MMW Performance History @ http://mmwhistory.com - this is a fantastic resource that allows you to look at info on gigs by MMW and related side projects and guest appearances; big thanks to Tom for creating this page.
enjoy the grooves,
Louie, Mike, Tom, Todd, Jeff & dug
|The torrent file info above pretty much says it all ... since we just seeded the entire April run of shows, I figured I'd throw this entire 5 disc set up for anyone interested in a slightly different spin on the grooves and improvs played over that run of improvisation shows. I find it interesting to hear the improvs isolated in this different way ...
This makes me want to finish the overall set that I was making for 2004 + 2005 Improvs ... think I'll have to do finish those!
Thank you so much, duggy!
This looks real good
|TEXT FILE UPDATE/CORRECTION:
In the tracking for vol.II, please update track 2's info with this:
2. 4/19s2g5 - [38:30-48:38]: Lull/I can see Chris' face [10:04]
...I had listed the start time from the set for this groove as "28:30", but it's actually "38:30" ... for those who care about that sort of thing.
I've updated the text file above and the db.etree entry. Clean updated text file available right here:
|thanks duggy. i will prob. start here & then go back to "collect them all".
|Thank you Duggy for this HUGE amount of gold!
|Oh, wow, thanks a lot for this! These types of compilations are pure gold. I can't thank you enough.
If anyone has other MMW jam compilations, please post them!
|This and all the improv shows are sweet. Thanks as always Shack Project!
Add a comment