|Show||Phish 08/06/1996 Red Rocks Amphitheatre, Morrison, CO Schoeps MK21>Sonosax *16 bit/48 khz* (fresh transfer)|
|Report this as|
|Torrent||ph1996-08-06.mk21.48khz.flac16.torrent (click to download)|
|db link||http://db.etree.org/shn/123792 | Show | Source|
Red Rocks Amphitheatre
Source: Schoeps CMC6/MK21>Sonosax SX-M2>Tascam DA-P1 (M) (48 khz)
Config/Location: Wide ORTF (110 degrees/27cm) OTS/DFC First row
Transfer: Sony PCM-2600(Apogee AES/EBU)>Sound Devices 722 (16/48)>
Firewire>Macbook>Sound Studio 3.6(normalize peak, +gain, track)>
xACT 2.21(encode, tag, fingerprint)>flac16 (level 8 )
Taped by: Craig Hillwig
Transferred and seeded by: Lenny Stubbe
Set I: (1:02:43)
02. Makisupa Policeman>
04. Suzy Greenberg>
06. Theme From the Bottom>
08. Dinner and a Movie>
Set II: (1:09:42)
02. The Curtain>
04. Prince Caspian>
05. A Day in the Life>
06. Big Black Furry Creature From Mars>
07. HYHU > Purple Rain > HYHU
08. Harry Hood>
09. Tweezer Reprise
10. encore break
11. Johnny B. Goode
Tech note: The Master DAT transfer had some minor unavoidable digital noise during Makisupa and Rift. I removed those tracks and used the previous 48 khz transfer shnid 89672 of this same Master DAT circulated 6/20/05. I processed them the same way as the rest of the files from this transfer
- Simple tease in Suzy Greenberg
- The phrase “21 year old Phish Fan Marcus Esquandolas” was substituted for “Marco Esquandolas” during Antelope in reference to a fan’s quote in a newspaper article on the disturbance in Morrison the day before
- Norwegian Wood jam in Tweezer
- As urged by overzealous Phish phan Darius Zelkah before the show through flyers, the Hood chant was started at this show. The previous night by the same method, many fans sat down during the quiet part of Divided Sky
- It began to rain in the second set; the band responded with Purple Rain, and Chris Kuroda showed the stage in purple lights
- The performance of Simple from this gig appears on the Carved in Stone CD benefiting The Rocks Fund, dedicated to the rehabilitation and preservation of Red Rocks Amphitheatre
- “This is Red Rocks, This is the Edge” quote from Trey during the break in Rift. The quote was a reference both to U2’s Live: Under a Blood Red Sky album and Trey’s similar remarks on the Junta-released version of Icculus
- Thanks to Phish.net for the setlist notes
- 44.1 version exists
Seeded to etree on:
|Checksums||;flac fingerprints generated by xACT 2.21 on 2013-02-10 07:29:12 +0000<br />|
|Last seeder||Last activity 6:50 ago|
|Size||717.28 MB (752123938 Bytes)|
|Num files||23 files|
[See full list]
|1 seeder, 0 leechers = 1 peer total|
|This is a fresh transfer of this: http://db.etree.org/shn/89672 at the request of Mr. Hillwig. This one has a volume bump/normalizing/tags.
|Thanks for sharing! I do have one question however. At the top of the info file it says that the files are 16bit/48khz. Then at the bottom of the info file it says, "48khz available". So are these files in fact 16bit/48khz and you meant to say that 24bit archive is available, or did these files get downsampled to 44khz or whatever when they were coverted to 16bit and the top info is a mistake?
|Typo. Fixed. Sometimes impossible to catch it all.
I think it's pretty self explanatory now.
|I just added this to the etree database:
thanks Lenny & Craig!
|One of my top 10 favorite phish shows to attend
To clarify re: hood chant
Darius came up w the group crowd concept
Benjy Eisen came up w the hood chant which made
Its way into the darius flyers (wasnt sparkle w sparklers nite 4?)
|Ha, pretty cool. I don't remember that but makes sense. Benny and Darius, along with myself and many others still around today were very regulars on rmp back then. I first met Benjy Eisen as be strolled by the ots at the Pitt Civic on 11/24/95. Quick a character. Now he hangs out with Bill Kreutzmann and writes for rolling stone.
|Thank you for sharing.